Thursday, April 30, 2009

ALEC POSTER PROJECT

1) The poster I chose for the "good" category was the braces motivation poster. I thought the idea of being motivated by braces for straight teeth was creative. The poster was clear and easy to understand. It introduced a new thought to motivation because usually people thing motivation as motivating each other. This poster showed that even things as simple or inconvenient, as some would say, can be motivating. To improve the project, I would suggest to put more information on it. The poster had a few main ideas and a couple examples, but it could have been better with a little more information and maybe ways motivation can affect others in positive and negative ways.
2) The poster I thought was better was the timeline of opportunity. I thought this poster was very original and creative. It showed opportunity throughout time and how it has helped our world. It was a great way to show different effects of opportunity and even some examples of outliers produced by this. To better integrate the service project with the class concept, I would suggest maybe providing some examples of the opportunities the makers of the poster have seen in their lives. I think by relating their subject to their own lives would help the viewer better understand the concept.
3) The poster I chose for the best project was the active listening poster. It was very informational, catchy, and had corresponding pictures. Even though it wasn't anything risky, it was clean and presented the information well. I think the makers of this project took a lot of time and planning and didn't just throw it together. One could tell that they knew a lot about their topic and effectively picked out the right things to present. It would be hard to improve this project but I think it would help if they had something that screamed "wow" and caught others' attention. I think a lot of people looked past this one because they were looking for something different and cool, even though that didn't matter in my book. If the poster was on a bright color or in a different shape, that might make people stop and want to see more rather than passing it by because it was just a 'normal poster'. Overall I think this 'normal' poster turned out to be a great asset to the hallway and a production of important information and unique ideas for the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment