One person I think proves to be an outlier is John F. Kennedy. He was given opportunities and utilized them to bring him to success.
Kennedy, as most people know him, is popular because he was assassinated as president. This is however is not what he thought would be the outcome of taking opportunities to use towards success. He was born from a wealthy and politically prominent family who's legacy brought him towards, in the end, being elected president.
This person stood out to me because I knew he came from a strong background that provided him with many factors that contributed to his success. He is a true outlier because he took these without any apprehension and made them work in his life for the betterment of himself, his family, and overall America. I think he is an important representative of outliers because he did not chose to become successful and spend countless hardworking hours on studying and experiences solely for himself. Although he did not come from a harsh background in which he had to become successful on his own, he used that advantage to help others and lead a country. It takes a true outlier to be voted into a leadership position responsible of millions of people. This shows that other people saw his success and trusted in him for making the right decisions.
I chose to study Kennedy for my project because I think too many people just see him as the president who was shot and killed. I think its important for others to give credit to people who weren't born into a family or situation where they had troubles they had to work through to make it to where they are now. We all hear stories about them and i think Kennedy proves that an outlier can also be someone who simply takes advantage of what they are given.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment